AKA Net Worth, Bio, Girlfriend, Awards, Real Name, Age, Instagram & Twitter Username And Albums
Real Name – Bio
AKA which is his stage name with his real name Kiernan Jarryd Forbes he is a South African hip hop recording artist and a record producer.
AKA was born on January 28, 1988 in Cape Town, South Africa.
AKA Music Career
2009: Career beginnings
In 2009 AKA ventured for a solo career with hits like “Problems”, “In My Walk” and “Do It” with the latter making it to number 1 on the South African 5FM Top 40. He won Metro FM Music Awards for “Best Newcomer”, “Best Hip Hop” as a solo act and “Best Produced Album” for his debut Altar Ego. It is then that he was dubbed “Prince of South African Rap” by one of the national newspapers. He also won “Best Dressed man” during the GQ Awards in South Africa alongside Oscar Pistorius. Later did a song with a Kenyan rapper known as Travee.
In 2011 AKA’s song “Victory Lap” won Channel O’s Most Gifted Hip-Hop Video at the 7th annual Channel O Music Video Awards and at the 18th South African Music Awards AKA was awarded Male Artist of the Year and Best Street Urban Music Album. The rapper went on to say “Winning the awards has been a big honour and it is very humbling. The Male Artist of the Year award has made me see myself as a musician across all genres and not just a hip-hop artist,”.
AKA’s second debut studio album Levels, was released on 30 June 30 2014. The album’s release was preceded by four singles “Jealousy”, “Kontrol”, “Congratulate” and “Run Jozi (Godly)” which features rapper, K.O. Originally slated for physical release on 8 July 2014, the hard copies of the album were later released on 28 July 2014 due to manufacturing issues. Levels won Best Male, Video of the Year for “Congratulate”, and Best Collaboration for “Run Jozi (Godly)” at the 2014 South African Hip Hop Awards and won Male Artist of the Year at the 21st South African Music Awards which took place on 19 April 2015 at Sun City, North West. Levels is cerified platinum by RiSA.
On 15 June 2018, AKA release his third and final studio album Touch My Blood which was issued on his independent record label Beam Group. The album was originally set to release on 25 May 2018 but delayed because he needed more time to shoot videos, release singles, drop merchandise and confirm tour dates.
Net Worth: R4.8 million
AKA is another prominent figure in the South Africa rap industry personally this guy raps well infact I love one of his rap with Wizkid remember roll up where he was featured that was cool.
This amazing guy was known very well that’s like came into limelight around 2011 and since then he’s doing amazing well to bag the second richest rapper in South Africa.
- Levels (2014)
- Be Careful What You Wish For (2017)
- Taking Chancez (2017)
- Altar Ego (2011)
- Down To Earth (2017)
- La maladie de la haine (2010)
- Attention Deficit (2018)
- And so It Begins (2011)
- Slave To The Sound (2004)
- Sex Hot (2018)
- 2016: Best Hit Single during 15th Metro FM Music Awards for the song ‘Baddest’
- 2016: Best Collaboration during 15th Metro FM Music Awards for the song ‘Baddest’
- 2015: Video of the year during the 4th South African Hip Hop Awards for the song Anatii.
- 2015: Song of the Year during the 4th South African Hip Hop Awards for the song Baddest and Anatii.
- 2015: Most Digital Sales during the 4th South African Hip Hop Awards.
- 2015: Most Valuable artist during the 4th South African Hip Hop Awards.
- 2015: Best Collaboration for the song ‘Anatii’ during the 4th South African Hip Hop Awards.
- 2014: Best Male Artist during 21st South African Music Awards for his song ‘Levels’.
- 2014: Best Collaboration during MTV Africa Music Awards
- 2014: Best Collaboration during African Muzik Magazine Awards.
- 2014: Best Male Southern Africa during African Muzik Magazine Awards.
- 2012: Best Male Artist during the 18th South African Music Awards for the song Altar Ego.
AKA Instagram and Twitter Username
His girl friend is Bonang Matheba.